Pediatric Obesity: Prevention, Intervention and Treatment Strategies for Primary Care (2nd Edition)
Sandra G. Hassink, MD, FAAP, is the director of the Nemours Obesity Initiative at Nemours/Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE, and associate professor of pediatrics at Thomas Jefferson University Medical School in Philadelphia, PA. Dr Hassink also chairs the AAP Institute for Healthy Childhood Weight Advisory Committee.
Significantly revised and updated, the new 2nd edition of this popular, user-friendly guide offers the latest tools and practice recommendations from the AAP needed to tackle childhood obesity.
The new 2nd edition brings you the latest point-of-care recommendations and ready-to-use tools including
- Step-by-step health supervision visit guidance spanning birth through youhg adulthood
- Numerous real-life case studies illustrating family intervention strategies
- Newly expanded, easy-to-use format
- New chapter titled, "Before Birth: Maternal Health"
- Patient education handouts, self-assessment forms, and counseling for pediatric patients and families
- Coding fact sheets for obesity-related health care services and template letter for handling carrier denials
- Growth charts for boys and girls including the new WHO growth charts
- And more!
Download citation file: