Reaching Teens: Strength-Based Communication Strategies to Build Resilience and Support Healthy Adolescent Development
This groundbreaking multimedia resource embodies the core belief that identifying, reinforcing, and building on inherent strengths can facilitate positive youth development.
Text and video combine to show how expert-tested, strength-based communication approaches work in today's teens. Contributions from leading practitioners - plus first-hand perspectives from teens - help you refine your communication strategies and skills.
Professionals and teens offer hard-won insight on addressing behavioral and emotional issues; crisis management; stress management; sexuality; grief; depression; peer pressure; substance abuse; sexual abuse; bullying; youth violence - virtually all the issues you're most likely to encounter.
Successful solutions targeting today's foremost youth-development issues
Created to benefit all professionals who serve adolescents, Reaching Teens explores and demonstrates communications strategies for diverse healthcare, counseling, youth programs, and educational settings.
Bolster your communication skills with this multi-facted 'how to' resource
Turn here for actionable advice and counsel spanning your toughest youth communication challenges:
- How to help teens recognize existing strengths
- How to empower wiser decisions and healthier choices
- How to foster resilience-building
- How to ally with parents and support effective parenting
- How to develop and prioritize your interventions
- How to help with special psychosocial and environmental challenges
- How to de-escalate crisis situations
- How to establish appropriate boundaries
- How to discourage unhealthy relationships
- How to serve populations with special healthcare needs
- How to practice effective self-care that enhances your ability to serve youth
- And much more!
De-escalation and Crisis Management When a Youth Is "Acting Out"
- Views Icon Views
- Share Icon Share
- Search Site
Cordella Hill, MSW, Hugh Organ, MS, Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD, MS Ed, FAAP, FSAHM, 2014. "De-escalation and Crisis Management When a Youth Is "Acting Out"", Reaching Teens: Strength-Based Communication Strategies to Build Resilience and Support Healthy Adolescent Development, Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD, MS Ed, FAAP, FSAHM, Sara B. Kinsman, MD, PhD
Download citation file: