Robert E. Greenberg, M.D.
The Academy of Pediatrics has both opportunities and responsibilities in the whirlwind of rapidly changing health care structures.
With corporate health care management, we need to:
1. Clearly define the essential components of child health care as the starting point for discussions;
2. Demand implementation of preventive care practices for all families;
3. Indicate the necessity for collaboration with managed care and public resources in meeting community-based needs;
4. Assist our membership with technical support, access to efforts of members in negotiations, and exposure to essential literature;
5. Represent our profession in assuring that personal decisions regarding patient care are not obstructed by conflicting financial barriers;