The following AAP members spoke with the media in January. Space restrictions prohibit listing everyone:
• Brian A. Bates, M.D., FAAP, member of the AAP Committee on Drugs, was quoted by United Press International in a story about the efficacy of cough syrup.
• Aaron S. Chidekel, M.D., FAAP, president of the AAP Delaware Chapter, wrote a letter that was published by the Wilmington (Del.) News Journal regarding second-hand smoke.
• William J. Cochran, M.D., FAAP, chair of the AAP Section on Gastroenterology and Nutrition, was quoted by the Chicago Tribune in an article about surgery for obese children.
• E. Stephen Edwards, M.D., FAAP, AAP president, wrote a letter that was published in the Houston Chronicle regarding thimerosal in vaccines.
• Richard L. Gorman, M.D., FAAP, chair of the AAP Committee on Drugs, was quoted by the Sacramento Bee in an article about testing...