Products with magnets recalled
The following products are being recalled because they contain magnets that can detach. Magnets found by young children can be swallowed or aspirated. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can be fatal.
Units: About 91,500
Manufacturer: Dowling Magnets, of Sonoma, Calif.
Description: The Classic Horseshoe Magnets have a red plastic coating on the handle end and an engraved S or N on the foot.
Sold at: Specialty retail stores and educational supply distributors nationwide from March 2003 through April 2008 for about $10.
Remedy: Contact Dowling Magnets to receive a free replacement magnet.
Contact: Call 866-623-3336, visit www.dowlingmagnets.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.