The editors of Pediatrics have selected the Top 10 articles that had the greatest impact on readers in 2020 as well as the Top 5 five articles on COVID-19 that contributed to the health care landscape.
“… We believe these studies below capture key issues facing child health over the past year and offer suggestions or calls to action that will change how we practice and in turn improve the health and well-being of the children we care so much about,” Pediatrics Editor in Chief Lewis First, M.D., M.S., FAAP, said in a video.
Top 10 articles
- Turban JL, et al. “Pubertal Suppression for Transgender Youth and Risk of Suicidal Ideation,” February 2020.
- Nafiu OO, et al. “Race, Postoperative Complications, and Death in Apparently Healthy Children,” August 2020.
- Lipshaw MJ, et al. “Antibiotic Use and Outcomes in Children in the Emergency Department With Suspected Pneumonia,” April 2020.
- Waters KA, et al. “Cognition After Early Tonsillectomy for Mild OSA,” February 2020.
- Lycett K, et al. “Body Mass Index From Early to Late Childhood and Cardiometabolic Measurements at 11 to 12 Years,” August 2020.
- Carbone PS, et al. “Primary Care Autism Screening and Later Autism Diagnosis,” August 2020.
- Bhatia D, et al. “Prescription Opioid Misuse and Risky Adolescent Behavior,” February 2020.
- Kempe A, et al. “Parental Hesitancy About Routine Childhood and Influenza Vaccinations: A National Survey,” July 2020.
- Radesky JS, et al. “Young Children's Use of Smartphones and Tablets,” July 2020.
- Geanacopoulos AT, et al. “Trends in Chest Radiographs for Pneumonia in Emergency Departments,” March 2020.
Top COVID-19 articles
- Dong Y, et al. “Epidemiology of COVID-19 Among Children in China,” June 2020.
- Wu Q, et al. “Coinfection and Other Clinical Characteristics of COVID-19 in Children,” July 2020.
- Gilliam WS, et al. “COVID-19 Transmission in US Child Care Programs,” December 2020.
- Patrick SW, et al. “Well-being of Parents and Children During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A National Survey,” October 2020.
- Goyal MK, et al. “Racial and/or Ethnic and Socioeconomic Disparities of SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Children,” October 2020.