The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has announced the recall of the following products. Consumers should stop using recalled products unless otherwise instructed. Consumers can submit reports of harm to CPSC’s searchable online product safety database at www.SaferProducts.gov. A searchable food and medical product recall database is available at www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm.
Bacteria in room spray linked to 2 deaths
Walmart is recalling about 3,900 bottles of Better Homes and Gardens Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones in six scents because it may contain dangerous bacteria that can cause death. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found bacteria in the room spray was the same as the bacteria identified in four patients with an infectious disease called melioidosis. Two of the four people have died, including a child.
The room spray was sold from February through October 2021. The CDC recommends that consumers who have the recalled aromatherapy spray in their home do the following:
- Stop using this product immediately. Do not open the bottle. Do not throw away or dispose of the bottle in the regular trash.
- Double bag the bottle in clean, clear zip-top bags and place in a small cardboard box. Return the bagged and boxed product to a Walmart store.
- Wash sheets or linens that the product may have been sprayed on using normal laundry detergent and dry completely in a hot dryer; bleach can be used if desired.
- Wipe down counters and surfaces that might have the spray on them with undiluted Pine-Sol or similar disinfectant.
- Limit how much you handle the spray bottle and wash hands thoroughly after touching the bottle or linens. If you used gloves while handling the bottling or cleaning, wash hands afterward.
- If you have used the product within the past 21 days and have melioidosis symptoms such as fever, abscess, cough, chest pain, headache, disorientation or weight loss, seek medical care and tell your doctor you were exposed to the spray. If you do not have symptoms but were exposed to the product in the last seven days, your doctor may recommend that you get antibiotics to prevent infection.
For more information, call 800-925-6278 or visit https://corporate.walmart.com/recalls or
Magnussen Home is recalling Nova Series five-drawer chests because they are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall. They can tip over and cause death or serious injuries to children. The chests were sold from August 2009 through August 2015. Call 833-748-0210, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.magnussen.com/Recall.
Joovy Holding Co. is recalling Zoom 360 Ultralight jogging strollers because the strollers’ front wheel bearing can fail or detach, posing a fall and injury hazard. The strollers were sold from May through December 2020. Call 800-495-8718, email email@example.com or visit https://joovy.com/zoom360-recall/.
MyCharge is recalling power banks because the lithium-ion battery can overheat and ignite, posing fire and burn hazards. The power banks were sold from August 2018 through December 2019. Call 888-251-2026, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://mycharge.com/pages/productsafety.
Specialized Bicycle Components is recalling Tarmac SL7 bicycles and framesets because the bikes’ fork steerer tube can crack or break after impact such as hitting a deep pothole. Riders then can fall and suffer injuries. The bikes were sold from July 2020 through August 2021. Call 877-808-8154, email email@example.com or visit https://www.specialized.com/us/en/safety-notices.
ElliptiGO Inc. is recalling Arc model stand-up bicycles because the frame can break while riding, and users can fall and suffer injuries. The bikes were sold from November 2015 through December 2020. Call 888-551-0117, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.elliptigo.com/arcs/.
Design Within Reach is recalling Arc Collection furniture, including chairs, barstools and tables. Paint on the furniture contains lead, which is toxic if ingested by young children. The furniture was sold from April through July 2021. Call 800-338-2107, email email@example.com or visit https://bit.ly/3BFAYMD.