Do sunshine and citrus sound refreshing? Plan to attend Practical Pediatrics June 16-18 at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa in Anaheim, Calif.
The continuing medical education course features lectures, interactive seminars and question-and-answer sessions on allergy and immunology, cardiology, infectious diseases, psychiatry, rheumatology and sports medicine.
Attend half-day sessions on topics encountered in practice and then explore Anaheim and Northern Orange County. Plan a trip to Disneyland, Disney California Adventure Park, Anaheim Garden Walk with shopping and dining, and the new Founders’ Park, a museum for historic artifacts like a full-sized windmill, gardens, walkways and trails.
Course highlights and faculty include:
- “Sudden Death in Athletes,” “Exam of the Upper Extremity and Spine,” “Sports Related Concussion Update” and “Overuse Injuries in Young Athletes,” with Andrew John M. Gregory, M.D., FACSM, FAAP;
- “Running on Empty: Exercise Induced Bronchospasm, Vocal Cord Dysfunction or Conditioning?” “Eat This, Not That! Gluten? Eggs? Milk? Peanuts?” “Is Nasal Allergy Relief Really Possible?” and “FPIES, MSAP and EoE: An Alphabet Soup of Gastroenteropathies,” with Angela D. Hogan, M.D., FAAP;
- “Caring for the Patient with Complex Heart Disease,” “Genetic Syndromes and the Congenital Heart Disease Associated With Them,” “Cardiac Complaints in the Pediatric Office” and “The Infant With Cyanotic Congenital Heart Disease: What’s the Diagnosis?” with Angela M. Sharkey, M.D., FAAP;
- “RSV Update,” “Interesting ID Cases,” “Fevers: Recurrent and Periodic” and “Vaccine Preventable Diseases: Still With Us After All These Years!” with Leonard R. Krilov, M.D., FAAP;
- “Amplification Musculoskeletal Pain Syndromes in Children,” “Musculoskeletal and Skin Exam: Rheumatology Diagnosis by Physical Findings,” “Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA): When to Suspect and How to Evaluate” and “ANA is Positive. Now What?: Laboratory Studies in Pediatric Rheumatic Diseases,” with Linda Wagner-Weiner, M.D., FAAP; and
- “Bipolar Disorder,” “Dilemmas in Child Psychopharmacology,” “Psychopharmacology Beyond ADHD” and “The Oppositional/Angry Child,” with Robert John Hilt, M.D., FAAP.
Earn a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Register by May 19 for early-bird rates.