Get a state-of-the-art review of diseases and preventive medicine at the Practical Care of the Adolescent and Young Adult continuing medical education course Feb. 9-12 at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa in Anaheim, Calif.
- “If You Build It, They Will Come: Welcoming Teens and Young Adults into Your Practice,” with Monica Sifuentes, M.D., FAAP;
- “Too Sweet for Their Own Good? Glucose Problems in Adolescents and Young Adults,” with Ann M. Liebeskind, M.D., FAAP;
- “Nutritional Concerns,” with Amy B. Middleman, M.D., M.P.H., FAAP;
- “Adolescents, Young Adults and the Military,” with Gregg J. Montalto, M.D., M.P.H., FAAP;
- “Opioid and Prescription Drug Use,” with Hoover Adger Jr., M.D., FAAP; and
- “Hands on Session: Evaluation and Management of Low Back Pain in Adolescent Athletes,” with Kelsey Logan, M.D., M.P.H., FAAP.
Earn up to 25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Register by Jan. 9 for early bird rates. Visit http://shop.aap.org/live-activities.
Join more than 40,000 health care professionals at the AAP-endorsed Healthcare Information Management Systems Software Conference & Exhibition (HIMSS17) Feb. 19-23 in Orlando, Fla. This annual event includes networking, education and exhibitions on transforming health through information technology.
AAP members receive a registration discount ($885 for advance registration by Jan. 23). Visit www.himssconference.org/registration, select “AAP” from the “Conference Endorsing Organizations” drop-down and enter ENDAAP17.
Find out more at http://www2.aap.org/informatics/BulletinBoard.html.
Delve deep into sleep, pulmonology
Three days of sleep will be the focus of the Celebration of Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep 2017 course Feb. 24-26 at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando.
Sessions will address topics such as asthma, sleep medicine, lung disease, bronchiectasis treatment, brief resolved unexplained events, apparent life-threatening events and infant apnea. The course includes interactive small group workshops. Also, Julian Allen, M.D., will receive the AAP Edwin L. Kendig Jr. Award ahead of delivering the honorary lecture on Feb. 24.
Earn up to 18 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Register by Jan. 24 for early bird rates. Visit www.aap.org/celebration2017.