The largest meeting of the year for pediatric hospitalists is coming to Chicago, July 28-31 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The Pediatric Hospital Medicine conference is co-sponsored by the Academy, the AAP Section on Hospital Medicine, the Academic Pediatric Association and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
Sessions are divided into seven tracks: clinical skills; community hospital medicine; education/scholarship; emerging trends in pediatric hospital medicine; innovations in pediatric hospital medicine; professional development; and quality improvement/patient safety. Course highlights and faculty include:
- Keynote plenary: “Why Facts and Science Don’t Always Change People’s Minds,” with Brendan Nyhan, Ph.D.;
- “It Doesn’t Take a Village, It Takes a Community: How to Design and Improve Your Educational Program for Trainees in a Community Hospital” and “It’s not You, It’s Me: Putting the Principles of Health Literacy into Practice in the Inpatient Setting,” with Christopher J. Russo, M.D., FAAP;
- “PHM Group and Division Leaders: Peer Mentoring and Group Therapy,” with Jack M. Percelay, M.D., M.P.H., FAAP;
- “Intuitively Reducing the Greatest Cause of Morbidity in Pediatrics,” with Caleb Hernandez, D.O.;
- “You Have More Time Than You Think: Time Management and Goal Setting for the Pediatric Hospitalist,” with Alison V. Holmes, M.D., M.P.H., FAAP;
- “Help! There’s a Teenager in My Hospital!” with Amy E. Hepper, M.D.;
- “Tools and Resources for QI Success — From Novice to Expert,” with Kiran Kulkarni, M.D., FAAP;
- “Addressing Pediatric Obesity in the Inpatient Setting: The Known, the Unknown, and Developing a Plan of Action,” with Michelle Katzow, M.D., FAAP;
- “Walking My Baby Back Home: A Family-Centered QI Approach to Optimizing Discharge Transitions,” with Sandra L. Gage, M.D., Ph.D., FAAP;
- “A Whole New World: Strategic Partnerships, Alliances and Collaborations with Tertiary Centers,” with Allyson N. Boodram, M.D., FAAP;
- “Breaking Down Physical Barriers: Turning Inpatient Telemedicine Ideas into Reality,” with Christina A. Olson, M.D., FAAP;
- “Less is Only More When More is No Good: Moral Distress and Ethics in Hospital Medicine,” with Shawn L. Ralston, M.D., FAAP; and
- “How Millennial Are You? Using Intergenerational Differences to Improve your Hospitalist Team,” with Yemisi Jones, M.D., FAAP.
Earn up to 20.25 hours of AMA Category 1 credit. Register before June 28 for early bird rates. Follow the meeting via Twitter using hashtags #PHM16 and #phmconf, or like and follow via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PHMConf.