Las Vegas, a magnifique venue for premier pediatric learning
Say bon voyage to routine. We’ll see you in Paris. The Paris Las Vegas Hotel hosts Practical Pediatrics CME Course April 12-14.
Go in-depth on allergy and immunology, dermatology, developmental and behavioral pediatrics, emergency medicine, infectious diseases and sports medicine.
Course highlights and faculty include:
- “Feeding and Fueling Adolescent Athletes,” “Case-based and Hands-on Examination of the Foot and Ankle,” “Put Me in Doc! What You Need to Know When Conducting Pre-Participation Physical Evaluations” and “Catching Up on Concussion Care,” with Chris G. Koutures, M.D., FAAP;
- “Advancing Therapies for Allergic Diseases: Opening the Realm of Biologics and Food,” “Busting up the Allergy Myths and Unicorns: Case Studies to Help Answer All Those Allergy Worries” and “What to do About the Yellow Zone? Asthma Management Strategies in the Era of Outdated Asthma Guidelines,” with Harvey L. Leo, M.D., FAAP;
- “When Animals Attack: Management of Bites,” “Morning Report in Pediatric Infectious Diseases,” “The Rising Scourge of Antimicrobial Resistance” and “Acute and Chronic Cervical Adenitis,” with Jeffrey R. Starke, M.D., FAAP;
- “GI and Skin Foreign Bodies: Kids do the Darndest Things!” “Tell Me When I Should Be Scared! Skin Conditions in the ED (rashes and other lesions)” and “I Got All Choked Up! Upper Airway Problems (croup, foreign bodies, infections),” with Karen A. Santucci, M.D., FAAP;
- “Lumps and Bumps in Children,” “Pediatric Dermatology Look-Alikes,” “Hemangiomas and Vascular Malformations” and “Diaper Dermatoses,” with Patricia A. Treadwell, M.D., FAAD, FAAP; and
- “Autism: Making Sense of CAM,” “Sleep Problems: If Joey is Not Sleeping, Then No One Is” and “Elimination Disorders: Soggy Bottoms and Poopy Pants,” with Robin K. Blitz, M.D., FAAP.
Earn up to 17.25 AMA PRA category 1 credits and 17 Maintenance of Certification Part 2 credits. To register, visit http://shop.aap.org/ppclasvegas2019.
Course on caring for young athletes
Don’t miss Sideline Care of the Young Athlete April 6 in Itasca, Ill.
The course guides medical professionals on how to create an emergency action plan, be prepared with onsite equipment, address medicolegal issues, manage concussions, treat common on-field injuries and assess return-to-learning for 5- to 18-year-old athletes.
Earn up to 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Register at https://shop.aap.org/2019-sideline-care-for-the-young-athlete-itasca-il/.