With an average high of 70 degrees, you can look forward to a refreshing getaway at Practical Pediatrics Feb. 7-9 at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach in Florida.
Join colleagues and nationally prominent faculty presenting topics in adolescent health, developmental and behavioral pediatrics, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, pulmonology and sports medicine.
Following are highlights.
- Michelle M. Macias, M.D., FAAP, investigates the complexities of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); identifies common psychiatric and developmental conditions that co-exist with ADHD; and talks about medication management.
- Elizabeth M. Alderman, M.D., FSAHM, FAAP, describes modern contraception options for adolescents, including the pill, patch, shot, implant and intrauterine device.
- Ivor D. Hill, M.B., Ch.B., M.D., FAAP, explains common, benign causes and less common and serious causes of persistent diarrhea.
- Andrew J.M. Gregory, M.D., FACSM, FAAP, discusses how to care for fractures in the office.
- Morven S. Edwards, M.D., FAAP, shows you how to recognize, evaluate and manage interesting and challenging infectious diseases.
- Sharon A. McGrath-Morrow, M.D., M.B.A., FAAP, reviews asthma subtypes and which treatments are appropriate based on clinical and laboratory findings.
Earn up to 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Register by Jan. 10 to save $150. Visit http://shop.aap.org/ppcclearwaterbeach2020.
Navigate the nuances of privacy, confidentiality and billing for care with the online course Confidential Adolescent Care and Billing, https://shop.aap.org/confidential-adolescent-care-and-billing/. The course is free for members.
Content is structured in three brief sections on confidentiality and the adolescent patient, challenges with confidentiality and billing, and the unique challenges of electronic health records.
This is the third course in a three-part series on adolescent sexual health.
2020 PREP The Curriculum
Prepare for 2020 by pre-ordering the 2020 PREP The Curriculum comprehensive general pediatrics review package. Product options offered are online and print (members: $375) and online only (members: $325). Access begins in January.
PREP The Curriculum brings together PREP Self-Assessment with 240 questions and critiques (print book) as well as online access to PREP Self-Assessment questions and critiques, 12 monthly issues of Pediatrics in Review (print and online access) and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) and continuing medical education. An online only option of PREP The Curriculum also is offered.
Those participating in the Maintenance of Certification Assessment for Pediatrics (MOCA-Peds) program instead of the MOC Part 3 proctored examination can use PREP The Curriculum’s customizable features to help prepare.