Are you a primary care pediatrician experiencing an increase in patients presenting with various developmental-behavioral concerns? Or a developmental-behavioral subspecialist interested in staying current in the field or preparing for exams?
The 2020 Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Course: An Intensive Clinical Update for Primary and Subspecialty Care is created to meet your needs. The course has been designed with content and presentations that focus on information that can be employed immediately in your daily practice.
This virtual course, Dec. 4-6, includes sessions on various topics within developmental-behavioral pediatrics.
Live keynote speeches, Q&A sessions, breakout sessions and several prerecorded on-demand sessions are featured.
General session highlights and faculty include:
- “Keynote: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Update and Guidelines,” with Eugenia Chan, M.D., M.P.H., FAAP;
- “Externalizing Disorders,” with John Lochman;
- “Foundations of Behavior,” with Pamela C. High, M.D., M.S., FAAP;
- “Feeding Problems,” with Robert Dempster, Ph.D.;
- “Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder,” with John T. Walkup, M.D.;
- “Trauma-Informed Care and Foster Care,” with Heather C. Forkey, M.D., FAAP;
- “Sexuality in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics” and “LGBTQ,” with Dale M. Ahrendt, M.D., FAAP;
- “Adolescent Substance Use and Abuse” and “Complementary and Alternative Treatments,” with John R. Knight, M.D., FAAP;
- “Learning Disabilities,” with Eric Q. Tridas, M.D.;
- “Global Developmental Delay and Intellectual Disability,” with David O’Banion Jr., M.D., FAAP;
- “Speech and Language Disorders,” with Heidi M. Feldman, M.D., Ph.D., FAAP;
- “Mood Disorders and Suicide” and “Psychopharmacology,” with Adelaide S. Robb, M.D.;
- “Motor Disabilities” and “Chronic Illness,” with Sarah L. Winter, M.D., FAAP;
- “Movement Disorders and Tics” and “Genetics,” with Tyler E. Reimschisel, M.D.;
- “Elimination Disorders,” with Christina Low Kapalu, Ph.D.;
- “Autism Spectrum Disorders: Medical Perspective,” with Carol Cohen Weitzman, M.D., FAAP;
- “Autism Spectrum Disorders: Behavioral Interventions,” with Laura A. Carpenter, Ph.D.;
- “Sleep Disorders,” with Jeffery Han-Nien Yang, M.D., FAAP; and
- “Brain Development and Central Nervous System Disorders,” with Viren Andrew D’Sa, M.D., FAAP.
Breakout sessions addressing specific considerations for primary and subspecialist care follow the general sessions.
Parallel prerecorded, on-demand topics offered for primary and subspecialty care include psychopharmacology, billing and coding, screening, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, sleep disorders (Q&A), transition issues (Q&A), feeding problems (Q&A) and genetics (Q&A).
Earn up to 33.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Register at https://shop.aap.org/dbpeds2020.