If you enjoy the outdoors in the winter, head for the hills to earn continuing medical education credit at Practical Pediatrics Copper Mountain, Colo., Feb. 2-5.
Morning and late-afternoon educational sessions leave plenty of daylight hours for participants to hit the slopes, ice skate, snow tube, cross country ski or snowshoe in the mountains.
Course highlights and faculty include:
- “The Cardiac Evaluation of the Athlete,” “Critical Cardiac Problems Presenting to the Office: Congenital, Hereditary and Acquired Heart Disease,” “Genetic Syndromes and the Congenital Heart Disease Associated with Them” and “Cardiac Complaints in the Pediatric Office: Chest Pain, Syncope, Murmurs,” with Angela Marie Sharkey, M.D., FAAP;
- “Hot Topics in ID: New Agent or Return of an Old Enemy,” “Infectious Disease Cases: Routine and Zebras,” “Animal Bites: When Pets and Other Critters Become Pests” and “Fever: Friend or Foe and When to Do What,” with Margaret C. Fisher, M.D., FAAP;
- “Psychopharmacology Beyond ADHD,” “Dilemmas in Child Psychopharmacology,” “The Oppositional/Angry Child” and “Bipolar Disorder,” with Robert J. Hilt, M.D., FAAP;
- “Sleep in the Growing Child and Adolescent,” “Spirometry in the Pediatric Office,” “Chronic Cough” and “Care of the Child with Significant Neuromuscular Disease,” with Sumit Bhargava, M.D., FAAP;
- “Non-accidental Fractures in Children,” “Back Pain in Children: When to Worry,” “Knee Sprain: ACL Tears in Pediatric Athletes” and “Screening for DDH: The Latest Guidelines,” with William L. Hennrikus, M.D., FAAOS, FAAP; and
- “Adolescent Male Reproductive Health Cases,” “Adolescent Birth Control: Practical Approaches for the Pediatrician,” “Implementing Current Screening Guidelines for Your Adolescent Females in Your Busy Practice” and “Adolescent Substance Use: The Consequences of Marijuana Use Through Adolescence,” with William P. Adelman, M.D., FAAP.
Register by Jan. 5 for early bird rates. Participants can earn up to 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. A self-assessment portion of this course is approved for 10 points of Maintenance of Certification Part 2 credit by the American Board of Pediatrics through the AAP MOC Portfolio Program. To earn Part 2 credit, participants must complete the pre- and post-course self-assessments and attend the live course.