Get the AAP's most-trusted pediatric patient education library directly into your clinical workflow
AAP Pediatric Patient Education SMART on FHIR app for Epic places the most-trusted pediatric patient education content directly into your clinical workflow. Launched from a button within your Epic electronic health record (EHR) system, your clinical team can assign handouts based on a patient's problem list, or search for AAP education resources based on the patient’s needs. Handouts are easily attached to the patient’s after-visit summary, as well as added to the patient’s MyChart account for anytime digital access. The app provides information on which handouts have previously been assigned to the patient, so you can make the best selections during future visits.
Access more than 1,000 patient education handouts, on everything from well-care checkups and vaccination support to acute care follow-up, including:
- Bright Futures well child visits parent and patient handouts
- Vaccine Information Statements
- The complete Schmitt Pediatric Care Advice patient education collection
- Managing Infectious Disease in Childcare and Schools quick reference handouts
- Managing Chronic Health Needs in Childcare and Schools quick reference handouts
- Connected Kids (Violence Prevention) handouts
- TIPP® - The Injury Prevention Program handouts
- More than 700 handouts in Spanish, plus key handouts in 12 additional languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (simplified), French, Haitian Creole, Hmong, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Vietnamese
The app reads clinical data through FHIR and uses HL7v2 to file/write assigned education resources to the patient’s After Visit Summary. The application also supports launching without a patient in context, so users can browse through the AAP education resources, preview, and print them without assigning those to any patient.
Simple Integration and Access
- Innovative delivery solution for pediatric patient education
- Integrates into your Epic EHR using market-leading SMART on FHIR technology
- Integrates into clinician workflow without leaving the EHR
Want to learn more?
FHIR (Fast Health Interoperability Resources) is an HL7 specification for Healthcare Interoperability. More information is available through the HL7 FHIR Foundation.