The Syrian Civil War, which has been ongoing since March 2011, has forced nearly 11 million people from their homes. Of those remaining in Syria, 13.5 million people, including ∼6 million children, need humanitarian assistance as a result of having fled their homes, enduring hostilities, and experiencing limited access to food, health care, and other basic needs.1 Furthermore, >3.4 million Syrians have fled to Turkey since the start of the conflict. The Turkish government gave an immediate response with an open-door policy and offered temporary protection status. Currently, 9% of the refugee population are living in 26 temporary protection shelters, and the remaining 91% have integrated into the communities in cities across the country. Half of the Syrian refugees are living in the following 4 major cities: İstanbul and 3 other cities near the border (Hatay, Şanlıurfa, and Gaziantep). In some provinces near the Syrian border, the percentage of...

You do not currently have access to this content.