Publish a Supplement with Pediatrics
Download the Getting Started Guide
Discover the benefits
- Most-Cited Journal in Pediatric medicine (95,556 accumulative citations in 2021) Clarivate Analytics 2021 Journal Citation Reports
- Co-publishes with a Pediatrics issue for higher visibility
- Reach to 70,000 pediatricians, trainees and healthcare providers
- Peer-reviewed publishing
- Part of scholarly literature
- Permanent links on Pediatrics.org
- Indexing in major databases including PubMed
- Funding secured by source other than the journal
- Choose your format: print plus online or online only
- Visibility to more than 13 million online readers worldwide
- Prestigious opportunity for citation
- Complimentary marketing through Pediatrics social media channels
- Additional email distributions through AAP Journals insights to boost reach
- Open Access upon publication
- Approval of the topic of a supplement must be obtained from Alex Kemper, MD, MPH, MS, Deputy Editor. Contact here.
Supplement Submission Criteria
Supplements to Pediatrics
Supplements are sponsored sets of articles on a single topic or a theme pertinent to Pediatrics. Such sets of articles may come from the proceedings of sponsored meetings, reports from task forces or committees, organizations interested in a particular topic, or research groups. Please note: Pediatrics does not accept supplements financed by for-profit corporations if the topics in the supplement bear close relation to the products sold by the corporation. All supplements are peer-reviewed. The contents of all supplements are open-access from the date of publication.
The cost to sponsor a printed supplement to Pediatrics is $975 per page, with a minimum of 32 pages. This estimate includes all costs for production, copyediting, press, distribution and postage, and online production and hosting of the supplement. A budget contract estimate will be issued for your approval prior to scheduling. The final price includes 100 complimentary copies of the supplement. Additional printed copies can be purchased by contacting Kate Larson, Senior Managing Editor, here.
We offer the option of publishing online-only supplements to Pediatrics. The submission and production processes are exactly the same as those supplements that are published both in print and online. The difference is that no copies of the supplement are printed, thereby eliminating costs associated with printing and postage. The cost to sponsor an online-only supplement is $485 per page.
A 50% deposit is required at budget contract and scheduling.
Approval of the topic of a supplement must be obtained from Alex Kemper, MD, MPH, MS, Deputy Editor, prior to submission. To facilitate this process, we ask for a brief letter outlining the supplement, a proposed table of contents listing titles and authors of prospective papers, and a statement describing who will underwrite the cost of the supplement. This material should be sent to the deputy editor during the planning stages of the supplement, ideally several months prior to submission.
To submit the supplement after conceptual approval, you must submit via the manuscript system.
- Download and view a sample Supplement (PDF) here.
Once the supplement is received by the deputy editor, it is sent out in its entirety to reviewers. If the supplement is provisionally accepted, revisions may be required. If revisions cannot be made to the satisfaction of the editors, the supplement may be rejected.
We estimate 120 days from final acceptance to publication. However, this timeline can vary depending on the number of other supplements already scheduled for publication.