- Red Book 2021
Find recommendations on antibiotic use for common pediatric infectious diseases.
- Systems-based Treatment Table | Red Book Online
Access empiric treatment recommendations for common conditions found in children and adolescents (including Cellulitis, Abscess, Lymphadenitis, Mastoiditis, Acute bacterial sinusitis, Acute otitis media, Streptococcal pharyngitis, and more.)
- Antibiotic Stewardship in Pediatrics | Pediatrics
Learn about the rationale for inpatient and outpatient antibiotic stewardship programs; essential personnel, infrastructure, and activities required; approaches to evaluating their effectiveness; and gaps in knowledge that require further investigation. Key guidance for both inpatient and outpatient antibiotic stewardship programs are provided.
- Nontherapeutic Use of Antimicrobial Agents in Animal Agriculture: Implications for Pediatrics | Pediatrics
Review information about what antimicrobial agents are used in animal agriculture, how this contributes to the development of antibiotic resistance, and learn about US and global initiatives to curb the use of antimicrobial agents in agriculture.
- EQIPP: Antibiotic Decision Making
This course is designed to help guide clinicians on the judicious use of antibiotics based on accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of common pediatric infections. It provides information on how to educate families about appropriate antibiotic prescribing. This course is eligible for a total of 100 ABP MOC 4 points. Points can be claimed based on the number of tracks completed (25 MOC 4 points per completed track).
- CDC TRAIN series: Antibiotic Stewardship Training Series This interactive web-based activity designed to help clinicians optimize antibiotic use to combat antibiotic resistance and improve healthcare quality and patient safety. (This course is eligible for CME)
- Pediatric Antibiotic Stewardship Program (ASP) Toolkit
This toolkit sponsored by the AAP and PIDS provides up-to-date resources for improving the use of antibiotics in children cared for in all healthcare settings. The toolkit guides users through resources for establishing and sustaining effective antimicrobial stewardship programs.
- Healthcare Professional Information | Antibiotic Use | CDC
Educational resources for healthcare professionals including handouts, posters, videos, and prescription pads.
Parent and Caregiver Resources
- Antibiotics: When Do They Help? | Pediatric Patient Education
- Antibiotics Aren’t Always Needed | Pediatric Patient Education
- Vaccines - Dangerous Infections They Prevent | Pediatric Patient Education
- How Do Antibiotics Work? | HealthyChildren.org
- Antibiotics for Children: 10 Common Questions Answered | HealthyChildren.org
- Why Most Sore Throats, Coughs & Runny Noses Don’t Need Antibiotics | HealthyChildren.org
- Guidelines for Antibiotic Use: 4 Tips for Parents | HealthyChildren.org