Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases
The definitive source for pediatric infectious disease solutions providing point-of-care access to diagnosis and treatment.
- Summary of Major Changes in the 2021 Red Book
- Updates and Errata for the 2021 Red Book
- Systems-based Treatment Table
- Webinar: Dr David Kimberlin, Editor, provides an overview of key updates in the 32nd edition of the Red Book.
- Previous Editions
Amoxicillin Shortage Continues into 2023
- NEW! AAP Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine Dosing Quick Reference Guide
- For the latest information from the AAP on COVID-19, visit the Red Book Online Outbreaks section and AAP Critical Updates on COVID-19.
- Revised AAP Policy Statement: COVID-19 Vaccines in Infants, Children, and Adolescents
- Coronaviruses, Including SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV Red Book chapter
- AAP News articles: COVID-19 Pandemic
1/31/2023: Norovirus Outbreak Linked to Oysters
1/10/2023: New resources on Red Book Online! Antimicrobial Resistance and Stewardship Resources and Committee on Infectious Diseases Policy Statements, Clinical Reports, and Technical Reports
Red Book Online 20th Anniversary
Red Book Online is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2023. Red Book was one of the earliest medical books to have a distinct online site, just a few years after medical journals began to have an online presence. Red Book Online is the home to the latest content, with a vast visual library and updates between editions of the print, plus important information about infectious diseases outbreaks, shortages, and vaccines. Red Book Online is an AAP member benefit for all members.
Information and resource links for current infectious disease outbreaks that affect the pediatric population and that have been identified in multiple U.S. states.
A comprehensive list of influenza resources, including news, policy and implementation, professional education, and other pertinent influenza information.
More than 2,700 infectious disease images for use in diagnosis and presentations, including clinical manifestations, disease vectors, and etiology.
Red Book Online offers presentations from distinguished experts on important and timely topics on pediatric infectious diseases and immunizations.
Are You an AAP Member?
You have automatic access to Red Book® Online as a benefit of membership. Log in now with your AAP login and password.